Synthetic lawns are made from various types of synthetic materials to resemble real grass. But why on earth would someone want to cover their lawn with imitation grass instead of using the real thing? Well, as it turns out there is actually quite a bit of different benefits that come from using a synthetic lawn. In this article let’s go over some of those benefits…
8 Benefits of Synthetic Lawns
- No Mud – Each installation comes equipped with a drainage system, to easily run off access water. The means no muddy lawns, shoes or paw prints in the house to clean up.
- Kids Play all day – Synthetic lawns provide a safe playground for children, free of critters, pesticides, and able to withstand harsh weather conditions.
- Animal Friendly – Synthetic lawns provide a soft surface for animals to lie on and are also effective against digging and scratching. That means no more holes and patches missing. In addition, a synthetic lawn makes it easier to clean and remove pet waste than natural grass.
- Maintenance Time – Once the grass is installed, there’s little upkeep needed. So no more lugging the la
wn mower and weed eater around and finding a place to store it. Synthetic grass is long lasting and you will not have to incur the expense or hassles of period replanting that natural grass will require. This saves valuable time that you can spend relaxing in your yard instead of being a slave to it.
- Save money – The cost of artificial grass will depend on a number of factors, such as the type of grass and the land coverage you require. Although it may seem expensive, keep in mind how much you will also be saving by no longer having to pay the cost of running a lawn mower, applying lawn fertilizer and pesticide, as well as any other costly maintenance fee involved with having natural grass.
- Chemical Free – Because you won’t need to apply toxic fertilisers or pesticides that can be dangerous to kids and pets, you are helping the environment and saving money.
- Conserve Water – No need to water artificial grass. The only time you will need
to use water on a synthetic lawn is for the occasional rinse off. Real lawns require expensive irrigation systems and constant watering especially during those really hot months, this can be rather costly. By using the synthetic approach you are not only saving money on water but also helping out the environment.
- Appearance – Synthetic grass always looks perfectly manicured so you will never be embarrassed by an unkempt lawn. Keep that green hue all year round.
Time is precious, saving it and money is extremely important. People want to relax and enjoy their yard, not be a slave to it. Others may travel frequently and spend long periods of time away from home and simply cannot physically maintain their yard. As seen above using a synthetic lawn can make life much easier and cut upkeep costs. But as with anything there are a few downsides to consider, so be sure to do your research to determine the best options for your lifestyle.